Hey fellow chocolate and cookie lovers!
Do you have a favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe? Either way, you HAVE to try this recipe out! I wish I could say that I came up with it myself but I didn’t 😉 I owe a big thank you to Martha Stewart for this one. Like most of her baked goods, this one is insanely good.
I’ve been making this recipe for 7 years now and, even though I am GF, I will continue to make them for my family since they’re their favourite. I have challenged myself though to try to find a GF alternative. It hasn’t happened yet but if and when it does, I will make sure to share it with you.
So here’s my secret/not so secret recipe for Martha Stewart’s soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies:
- 2 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup brown sugar…I know, it’s a lot. I usually use 3/4cup of brown sugar max but it’s up to you and how sweet you like your cookies
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (although I love chocolate, I find 2 cups a little much so I usually add a little over one cup)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda and set aside
- In a bowl with an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars
- Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy
- Reduce speed to low, add the salt, vanilla, and eggs
- Beat until well mixed (about one minute)
- Add flour mixture, mix until just combined
- Make tbs size balls of dough and place them on your baking sheets
9. Bake until cookies are golden around the edges (approx 8-10 minutes)
*Note: this recipe makes approx. 3 dozen cookies.
Of course, my little helper helped baked these sweet treats. We happened to make them last Sunday after the snowfall so we, of course, made hot chocolate and enjoyed it while the cookies were cooking in the oven.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe. If you try it out, please let me know what you think and if you have any favourite recipes, especially GF ones, I would love to know about them so please leave a comment or msg me.
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!